Sharon Lodge #182
A. F. & A. M.
Reisterstown, MD 21136
Sharon Lodge is a quality Masonic Lodge
with established roots in our community
November 23, 1886, 11:00 AM: Several Masonic Brothers met under supervision of General Thomas J. Shryock intending to form a new Lodge.
May 10, 1887, The first meeting of Sharon Lodge #182 A. F. & A. M. was held. It was the first new Masonic Lodge chartered in the Second Century of the existence of the Grand Lodge of Maryland.
December 1886 to February 1902, Sharon Lodge met on Main Street, near the Western Maryland Railroad Depot. The Lodge was quickly established as a center for brotherhood and civic good in the surrounding communities.
November 23, 1894, the Brethren of the Lodge laid the cornerstone of the Arlington Methodist Episcopal South Church.
November 9, 1899, marked the first milestone of our Lodge raising it's 100th Brother.
February 16, 1902, fire destroyed Sharon Hall and all interior property inside except the records and books which were in a fireproof safe.
Meetings, thereafter, were held in Russell's Hall at the corner of Reisterstown Road and Belvedere Avenue.
April 11, 1903, once again found the Brethren of Sharon Lodge placing a cornerstone. This time it was for the Armory Troop A in Pikesville, Maryland.
May 27, 1903 the officers laid the cornerstone of their new home on Reisterstown Road.
June 24, 1920, saw another milestone as the 500th Brother was raised.
November 23, 1942, Sharon Lodge met and welcomed with Grand Honors (a past master of their Lodge), the newly installed Most Worshipful
Grand Master of Maryland, Br. Harry L. Robinson, who was accompanied at the time by M. W. Past Grand Master of Missouri, Brother Harry S. Truman.
In 1955, Sharon Lodge #182 had grown to a membership of 861, another milestone.
September, 1976, found Sharon Lodge #182 meeting at the Jacob Sandy Building on Winands Road in Randallstown, Maryland.
September 29, 1976, Sharon Lodge received a substantial settlement from the City of Baltimore and the municipality took over the property for an important civic project.
During a meeting held on April 4, 1979, Brethren of our Lodge voted to move the meeting place to the Ionic Temple in Reisterstown, Maryland.
The first meeting was held there, September 5, 1979.
Since 1986, our Lodge has been providing college scholarships in the community, assisting families in need, and lending support & guidance to many charitable organizations.
September 2009, Sharon Lodge became a recognized community resource by bringing the MD CHIP (a cutting edge free child identification program)
to the area.
2010, we began participating in a program to provide cell phones for at risk domestic shelters and another program to provide holiday cards for Marylanders serving in the armed forces.
In 2012, we reached a monumental milestone, as our lodge celebrated its 125th Anniversary.
This year also marked the first of several successful chili cook off competitions. This became a fun annual event. The Lodge also established our 33rd year of providing scholarships to students of Owings Mills High School.
As January 2014, arrived our lodge installed, after ten years, a new Worshipful Master. In celebration, the lodge welcomed many guests including, the officers of the Grand Lodge of Maryland A. F. & A. M. as well as that of the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Maryland. Our agenda for 2014, continues with our increased involvement in the community by establishing an active membership of the Reisterstown Improvement Association and Chamber of Commerce. We provided judges and a cash prize for a STEM program at the Woodbridge Elementary school. An area transitional care facility for women and their families was adopted by our lodge and we continued to sponsor several MD Child ID programs in the community.
November 2014, Recognition was given to Worshipful Master Daryl Gamerman for his leadership at the Grand Lodge's Annual Communication with the presentation of the Grand Master's Award with Distinction. This was a first for Sharon Lodge.
Throughout many years, Sharon Lodge #182 has been a place of brotherhood, friendship and community involvement.